Old Regular Baptist Churches

New Salem Association

Pilgrim's Home Church -


The Pilgrim's Home Church was organized on October 7, 1950. It was a arm from the New Home Church in the Indian Bottom Association.


Presbytery as follows - Elders Dan Gibson, Frank Fugate, Andy Bates, Silas Frazier, Steve Pratt and Deacons Joseph Pratt, Robert Blair, and Francis Owens.


Photo Taken: November 2015

Samaria Church -


The Samaria Church was organized on September 1, 1888. It was an arm of the Joppa Church.

Following members was dismissed from the Joppy Church - K.F. McCowan, W.W. McCowan, Thomas McCowan, Henry Holt, John M. Akers, Mary Akers, Leety Wyley, Matilda McCowan, Geneva McCowan, Arena Hamilton, and Rebecca McCowan.


Photo Taken: Feb. 2016

Pikeville Church -


The Pikeville Church was organized on October 12, 1912. It was an arm of the Caney Creek Church.

Elders N.T. Hopkins and G.W. Robinson were appointed by the Caney Creek Church to meet and organize the arm. Joseph Hall, Phinas Adkins and Allen Maynard was invited to set in on the presbytery. Elected Elder N.T. Hopkins, Moderator and James Honaker, Clerk.


Photo Taken: Feb. 2016

Stone Coal Church -


Stone Coal Church was organized in 1808. It formerly belonged to the South Licking Association.


Presbytery as follows: Elders John Morris, W.M. Huff, Sam Coburn, and Symeon Justice.



Photo Taken: March 2016

Macedonia Church -









Photo Taken: March 2016

Kiser Branch Church -









Photo Taken: March 2016

Rose of Sharon Church -


Rose of Sharon Church formerly called the Powell Church was organized October 6, 1928. It was an arm from the Elkhorn Church of the Union Association.


Presbytery as follows: Elders G.W. Powell, W.B. Mullins, W.H. Vanover, and John M. Fields. Appointed G.W. Powell, Moderator and John Slone, Clerk.



Photo Taken: March 2016

Providence Church -


Providence Church was organized on March 6, 1875. It was an arm of the Joppa Church.


Original members as follows: W.M. Harris and wife, F.B. Cook, Susan Slone, Patsy Mullins, Esau Davis, A.C. Vance, Margaret Isaac, Elizabeth Flanrey, Eda King, and Lydia Mullins.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Rebecca Church -


Rebecca Church was organized on November 2, 1895. It was an arm of the Joppa Church.


Some of the first members were Henderson Hall, Rebecca Hall, Cain Hall, Henderson Hall Jr., Lousia Hall, and Martha Johnson.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Ball's Fork Church -


Ball's Fork Church was organized on June 25, 1842. It was an arm of the Stone Coal Church.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Mt. Sterling Church -


Mt. Sterling Church was organized on December 18, 1953. It was an arm from the Ball Branch Church.

Presbytery as follows: Elders F.A. Hopkins, Billie Moore, M.C. Right, Earl Howard, Neil Cornett, A.L. Coburn, J.J. Mosley, Banner Mann, Eppie Holbrook, Baxter Osborne, Burton Howard, Sidney Hudson, and Roy B. Akers. Appointed Elder Burton Howard, Moderator and Elder Ellis Moore, Assistant Moderator; Brother Homer Combs, Clerk and Elder Roy B. Akers, Assistant Clerk.

Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Bethel Church -







Photo Taken: March 2016

Caney Creek Church -


Caney Creek Church organized on August 18, 1906. It was an arm of the Enterprise Church.

Presbytery as follows: Elders W.W. Powell, G.W. Robinson, N.T. Hopkins, Deacons Richard Branham, G.W. Elswick, and Harrison Ratliff. Elder G.W. Powell, Moderator and N.T. Hopkins, Clerk of the Presbytery.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Rosa Church -


Little Rosa Church organized in 1937. It was an arm of the Samaria Church.


Presbytery: Elder J.W. Hamilton, Moderator and A.J. Tackett, Clerk.



Photo Taken: March 2016

Old Beaver Church -


Old Beaver Church organized on July 3, 1845. It was an arm from the Stone Coal Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Billie Cook, Billie Salisbury, John Morison, and John Hayes. Appointed Elder John Morison, Moderator and John Hayes, Clerk.



Photo Taken: March 2016

Cold Springs Church -


Cold Springs Church organized March 21, 1925. It was an arm of the Philadelphia and Spurlock Churches.

Presbytery as follows: Elders M.C. Wright, Andy Moore, B.E. Hicks, G.W Wright, Layne Compton, and W.M. Justice. Appointed M.C. Wright, Moderator and H.L. Moore, Clerk; B.E. Hicks, Assistant Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016 

Little Nancy Church -


Little Nancy organized July 20, 1935. It was an arm of the Joppa Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders and Deacons; Jerry Hall, T.H. Hall, Hauley Warrens, Brack Hall, Jarvey Vance, A.J. Tackett, Jessie Mosley, E.H. Hall, Matt Moore, and John Moore.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Enterprise Church -


Enterprise Church was organized on April 20, 1889. It was an arm from the Joppa Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders William Cook, N.T. Hopkins, John Hopkins, and Deacon Hiram Anderson. Appointed Elder John Hopkins, Moderator and H.G. Anderson, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Mt. Olive Church -


Mt. Olive was organized on February 22, 1890. It was an arm of the Mallet Fork Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders J.C. Slone, Moderator and Joseph Hall, Clerk of the presbytery. Appointed their first officers Elder J.C. Slone, Moderator and Arland Slone, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Hollybush Church -


Hollybush organized in February 1939. It was an arm of the Caney Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders John Slone, W.M. Slone, Mack Slone, and Deacon Marion Slone.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Caney Fork -


Caney Fork organized in 1873.






Photo Taken: March 2016



Spurlock Church -


Spurlock organized in 1917.



Photo Taken: March 2016

Ball Branch Church -


Ball Branch organized in April of 1919. It was an arm of the Stone Coal Church.


Charter members as follows: George Hicks, Charley Hicks, Ison Hicks, Matt Conley, and Press Conley. Sisters; Raney Johnson, Ella Pratt, Minta Martin, Mertie Hicks, Betty Hicks, Tilda Hicks, and Sarah Hicks.



Photo Taken: April 2016

Joppa Church -


Joppa Church was organized in 1843.


Presbytery as follows: Elders John A. Morris and Martin B. Kelly.



Photo Taken: May 2016

Robinson Creek Church -


Robinson Creek Church organized July 3, 1943. It was an arm of the Samaria Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Hays Maynard, F.A. Hopkins, Mahlon Burke, M.V. Burke, Joe Jones, Jesse Hampton, J.W. Hampton, Ellis Hall, Squire Hamilton, and A.J. Kiser. Appointed Elder Hays Maynard, Moderator; J.B. Hamilton, Assistant Moderator and Elder Talby Kiser, Clerk; J.B Hamilton, Assistant Clerk.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Long Fork Church -


Long Fork Church organized July 21, 1877. It was an arm of the Antioch Church.


Presbytery is unknown but they elected Elder William McCowen as their first Moderator and Enoch Tackett, Clerk.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Little Sarah Church -


Little Sarah Church organized in 1919. It was an arm of the Frozen Creek Church.


Photo Taken: May 2016 

Island Creek Church -


Island Creek Church organized in February 1878. It was an arm of the Hurricane Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders William Cook, F.T. Cook, Basil Hatfield, and N.T. Hopkins.



Photo Taken: May 2016

Elizabeth Church -


Elizabeth Church was organized in September 1925. It was an arm of the Greasy Creek Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders N.T. Hopkins, Ben Hopkins, Jim Sanders, and W.P. Childers.



Photo Taken: May 2016

Little Creek Church -


Little Creek Church was organized September 24, 1914. It was an arm of the Caney Creek Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders N.T. Hopkins, B.F. Smallwood, J.M. Akers, F.A. Hopkins, W.S. Akers, and E.V. Hopkins. Appointed Elder N.T. Hopkins, Moderator and J.P. Adams, Clerk.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Pilgrim Rest Church -








Photo Taken: May 2016

Pilgrim's Home Church -







Photo Taken: May 2016

Little Rachel Church -








Photo Taken: May 2016

Burning Springs Church -








Photo Taken: September 2016

Bethel Church -








Photo Taken: September 2016

Bethlehem Church -








Photo Taken: May 2018

Dry Fork Church -


Note: The only information available on Dry Fork Church;


In the 1938 proceedings of the Indian Bottom Association -

#4 "Called for newly constituted churches and received petitionary letters, one from the Dry Fork Church and one from the Little Bethlehem Church. Their letters were received and delegates seated as shown in the table of statistics; their Constitution being found orthodox."


Photo Taken: March 2016


Note: Dismissed from the Old Indian Bottom Association by request and letter on September 3, 2016 and received into the New Salem Association by letter on September 24, 2016.

Philadelphia Church




Photo Taken: March 2016

Original Building: Left - New Building: Right

New Salem Association Building -


New Salem Association organized in 1825. It was and arm of the Burning Springs Association of United Baptist.




Photo Taken: March 2016

Old Indian Bottom Association

(Complete List of Churches)

Clear Creek Church -


Originally called the Trace Branch Church organized on July 5, 1862. The church legally changed its name to Clear Creek on March 16, 1867.


Presbytery as follows - Elder Samuel Maggard, Elder John Campbell, and Brother James Stewart, Deacon. Appointed Elder Samuel Maggard, Moderator and William Smith, Clerk.


Photo Taken: December 2015

Maggie Memorial Church -


Maggie Memorial organized on March 7, 1953. It was an arm from the Ball Branch Church in the New Salem Association.

Presbytery as follows - Elders E.H Howard, Neil Cornett, Mander Yonts, Martin Patrick, and Deacons Brothers Hager Watt, William Hicks, Clinton Stone, Edgar Smith, Francis Owens, Dan Pratt, Shiloh Combs, and Millard Allen. Appointed Elder Earl Howard, Moderator and Neil Cornett and Martin Patrick, Assistant 

Moderators.


Photo Taken: December 2015

Doty Creek Church -


Doty Creek Church was organized on July 12, 1913. It was an arm from the Indian Bottom Church in the Indian Bottom Association.


Presbytery as follows - Elders J.D. Caudill, George B. Isom, G.C. Riddle, David Adams, Joseph Adams, and Noah Adams. Appointed Elder J.D. Caudill, Moderator and George B. Isom, Clerk.


Photo Taken: December 2015

Little Home Church -


Little Home Church was organized on September 4, 1911. It was an arm from the Carrs Fork Church.

Presbytery as follows - Elders James Dixon, Ira Combs, J.D. Caudill, Elis Mullins, James Mullins, W.R. Tuttle, Walstom Combs and Willard S. Akers as Clerk.

Appointed Noah Adams, Moderator and James Hagans, Clerk.


Photo Taken: December 2015

Old Carr Church -


Old Carr originally called Carr's Fork Church was organized in 1827. It was an arm from the Indian Bottom Church.


Charter Members as follows: Among the thirteen members where John Smith, John Bunyard, Thomas Francis, and Joseph Mullins.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Crab Orchard Church -


Crab Orchard Church originally called Little Magdalene Church was organized April 12, 1952. It was an arm from the Friendship Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elder David Caudill, Walter Mullins, Perry Tackett, Frank Tackett, Bee Whitaker, and Andy Bates. Appointed Elder Perry Tackett, Moderator and Bee Whitaker & Wallace Mullins, Assistant Moderator and Arthur Dixon, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Indian Bottom Church -


The Indian Bottom Church organized on November 17, 1810. Organized from members of the North District Association. Presbytery as follows - Elders William Salisbury, Simeon Justice, and Electious Thompson.

Appointed Elder Electious Thompson, Moderator and Isaac Whitaker, Clerk.


Indian Bottom has been a member of: Washington, Burning Spring, New Salem, Sandlick, and Indian 

Bottom Associations.              Photo taken: March 2016

Little Rose -


Little Rose organized on October 4, 1952. It was an arm from the New Home Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Harrison Williams, Burley Combs, Martin Patrick, Frank Fugate, Mander Yonts, Cephas Mosley, Alex Colburn, and Tip Cornett. Appointed Elder Alex Colburn, Moderator and Mander Yonts, Clerk of the Presbytery.


Photo Take: March 2016

Sandlick Church -


Sandlick Church was organized on August 13, 1815.


Presbytery as follows: Elders William Salisbury, Electious Thompson, Simeon Justice. Other visiting brothers were Daniel Huff, William Wells, John Flannery, John Adams, and Bingiam Adams. Simeon Justice, Moderator.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Lone Valley Church -


Lone Valley Church organized on April 9, 1955. It was an arm of the Pilgrims Home Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Manus Ison, George Hagans, Raymond Howard, Alus Baldridge, Dan Jacobs, William F. Francis, Alonzo Allen, Dan Gibson, and Silas Frazier. Appointed George Hagans, Moderator and Manus Ison, Clerk of the Presbytery.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Mallet Fork Church -


Mallet Fork was organized in 1857. It was an arm from the Sandlick Church. Mallet Fork was originally a member of the Sandlick Association.


Presbytery as follows: Elders William L. Adams and Benny C. Caudill. Appointed W.M. Huff, Moderator and Henry Caudill, Clerk. Chose Samuel Caudill and John Caudill, Deacons.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Chestnut Grove -









Photo Taken: December 2015

Terrell's Creek Church -

Old Indian Bottom Association Building -


Organized in 1896 the Indian Bottom Association formed from and split in the Sand Lick Association. The split occured do to the doctrine of predestination. The first Moderator was Elder John Creech, John W. Dixon, Clerk, and H.G. Pratt & Samuel Francis, Assistants. There have been two splits in the Indian Bottom Association one in 1932 and the second in 1960. The first lasting from 1932-1937 known as the W.G. Combs/J.T. Whitaker side. Currently there are two sides the Indian Bottom and Old Indian Bottom Associations.

Photo Taken: March 2016

Union Association

South Shore Church -


South Shore Church was organized on October 20, 1934. It was an arm of the Union Church.

Presbytery as follows - Elders Mahlon Burke, H.M. Mullins, Wiley Wright, A.L. Merser, Willie Collins, Elbert Bentley, and E.B. Fugate. Appointed Mahlon Burke, Moderator and H.M. Mullins, Assistant Moderator. E.D. Burke, Clerk


Photo Taken: Feb. 2016

Little Pilgrim's Rock Church-


Little Pilgrim's Rock Church was organized on March 10, 1984. It was an arm of the Little Rachel Church.


Members as follows: Herman Thompson, Hattie Thompson, Charles Tackett, Grant Tackett, Emmitt Tackett, Anna Marie Tackett, and Kermit Isaac.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Thornton Gap Church -


Thornton Gap Church organized on April 17, 1915.


Presbytery as follows: Elders J.H. Riggs, Ben Adams, N.W. Meade, and Charley C. Webb. Appointed Elder Ben Adams, Moderator and Charley C. Webb, Assistant Clerk. Hi Stiddam, Clerk


Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Memory Church -


Little Memory Church organized on March 23, 1957. It was an arm of the Pilgrims Home Church.

Charter members as follows: Elder Sollie Miller, Brothers Van Buren Hall, Howard Caudill, and Clarence Jenkins. Sisters Roxie Hall, Gladys Caudill, and Virginia Miller.

Appointed Sollie Miller, Moderator and Roy B. Akers, Assistant Moderator; Bro. Howard Collins, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Shiloh Church -


Shiloh Church was organized on March 14, 1987. It was an arm of the Little Pilgrim's Rock Church.


Members as follows: Elder John B. Hamilton, Elder Monroe Breeding, Bro. Stoney McCoy and Sisters Lorene Hamilton and Linda McCoy.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Dorton Church -


Dorton Church was organized March 25, 1922. It was an arm from the Union Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders from Pilgrims Rest, Elkhorn, Union, and Joppa Churches.

Appointed Elder Mahlon Burke, Moderator and W.S. Mullins, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Old Elkhorn Church -


Old Elkhorn organized in 1839.


Elder W.M. Tackett, Moderator and W.M. Saulsbury, Clerk was the founding officers.

Old Elkhorn was first in the Washington Association, dismissed by letter and was received into the New Salem Association in 1842. Later it was given off to help arm the Union Associaton.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Laura Church -


Little Laura Church was organized April 7, 1951. It was an arm of the Union Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Ballard Spears, Mahlon Burke, George Perrigan, Sam Thomas, Milford Adams, and Noah May. Appointed Elder Mahlon Burke, Moderator; Elder Milford Adams, Assistant Moderator and Ballard Spears, Clerk.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Pilgrim Hope Church -


Pilgrim Hope Church was organized in 1964.



Photo Taken: May 2016

Chloe Creek Church -


Chloe Creek Church was organized in 1915. It was an arm of the Philadelphia Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Tom Thacker, Daniel May, Matt Justice, and T.B. Tom Campbell.



Photo Taken: May 2016

Greasy Creek Church -


Greasy Creek Church was organized March 1871. It was an arm from the Union Church.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Philadelphia Church -


Philadelphia Church organized in 1858.


Originally a member of the Mates Creek Association. In 1891 it was received into the Union Association. At that time they were both in fellowship with each other. After being received into the Union Association they chose Elder Thomas Thacker as Moderator.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Rebecca Church -


Rebecca Church was organized June 10, 1905. It was an arm of the Philadelphia Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders George Robinson, Thomas Thacker, and John Kazee. Appointed Elder Thomas Thacker, Moderator.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Samaria Church -


Samaria Church was organized August 4, 1904. It was an arm of the Pine Grove Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders G.W. Robinson, Thomas Thacker, John Cox, George Johnson, John Coleman, and Hammon Coleman. Appointed Elder Thomas Thacker, Moderator and J.H. Ratliff, Clerk.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Little Pond Church -


Little Pond Church was organized September 30, 1950. It was an arm of the Samaria Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders B.H. Baker, James Green, Fon Bolling, Sam Courtner, O.L. Coleman, Fred Stiltner, John Hess, Bruce Mullins, and Willie Clevenger. Appointed Elder Delbert Sanders, Moderator and Brother Lon Rowe, Clerk.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Sweet Home Church -


Sweet Home Church was organized in September 1906. It was an arm of the Cedar Grove Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Enoch Belcher, J.N. Belcher and Thomas Wallace. Appointed Elder J.N. Belcher, Moderator and John Slone, Clerk.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Ashcamp Church -


Ashcamp Church was organized June 20, 1914. It was an arm of the Pine Grove Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders George W. Powell, A.L. Merser, D.C. Church and F.M. Mullins. Appointed Elder George W. Powell, Moderator; Elder A.L. Merser, Assistant Moderator and Brother John Epp Ratliff, Clerk; and J.M. Gibson, Assistant Clerk.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Hylton Church -


Hylton Church was organized July 12, 1947. It was an arm of the Old Elkhorn Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders J.M. Gibson, H.M. Mullins, E.D. Burke, Boyd Smallwood, Joe Johnson, Browlow Kelly, and A.C. Craft. Appointed Elder Croket Baker, Moderator; Elder D.L. Baker, Assistant Moderator and Brother Lee Cable, Clerk.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Union Church -








Photo Taken: May 2016

Little Jocie Church -








Photo Taken: August 2016

Indian Creek Church -








Photo Taken: August 2016

George's Fork Church -








Photo Taken: August 2016

Russell Prater Church -








Photo Taken: August 2016

Paw Paw Church -








Photo Taken: August 2016

Little Martha Church -








Photo Taken: August 2016

Home Creek Church -













Photo Taken: August 2016

Bethlehem #2 Church -








Photo Taken: August 2016

Bull Creek Church -








Photo Taken: August 2016

Bartlick Church -








Photo Taken: August 2016

Little Hattie Church -








Photo Taken: May 2018

Elizabeth Church -








Photo Taken: March 2018

Pilgrim Rest Church -








Photo Taken: March 2018

Union Association Building:


The Union Association organized on November 11, 1859. It was an arm from the New Salem Association. Met with the delegates from the following churches. Thornton, Bethel, Elkhorn, Sulphur Springs, Pound Fork, Holly Creek, Union, Cloe, and Raccoon.

Presbytery as follows: Jordan Ashley, J.A. Caudill, B.E. Caudill, M.T. Lipps.

Elder Jordan Ashley choosen Moderator and Elder Joesph Craft, Clerk.  








Above: Old Association Tent

Right: New Association Building

Philadelphia Association

(Complete List of Churches)

Little Mary Church -


Little Mary Church organized in August 1924. It was an arm from the Friendship Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders I.R. Gilliam, L.W. Murry, K.F. Caudill, John Barker, Luther Flannery, and Finis Adkins. Appointed Elder Finis Adkins, Moderator and L.W. Murry, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

New Mt. Olive Church -








Photo Taken: March 2016

South Fork Church -


South Fork Church organized December 16, 1939. It was an arm of the South Shore Church.


Presbytery as follows: W.A. Boggs, Mahlon Burke, John Eaton, Sam Irvin, A.W. Horne. Appointed Elder Jim Wright, Moderator and Johnie Triplett, Clerk.



Photo Taken: March 2016


Little Rosa Church -


The Little Rosa Church was organized March 21, 1925. It was an arm from the Friendship Church.

Presbytery as follows - D.F. Boggs, T.S. Skeens, T.M. Horne, E.B. Fugate, and Finis Adkins. Appointed J.R. Gilliam, Moderator and A.T. Reed, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Friendship Church -


Friendship Church organized in 1903



Photo Taken: March 2016

Original Building: Left - New Building: Right

Sardis Association


Dix Fork Church -


Dix Fork Church was organized in 1911. It was an arm of the Mount Pleasant Church.


Presbytery as follows - Elders Josha West, J.M. Hensley, and George Maynard. Appointed Josha Westt, Moderator and J.M. Hensley, Clerk.


Photo Taken: Feb. 2016

Buck Creek Church -


Buck Creek Church was organized on June 4, 1932. It was an arm of the Leanah Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Jonah Bevins, Ester Hopkins, and John Taylor. Appointed Elder James Muncy,  Moderator.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Elizabeth Church -








Photo Taken: March 2016

Pilgrim's Home Church -








Photo Taken: September 2016

Antioch Church -








Photo Taken: January 2017

Bright of Christ Church -








Photo Taken: January 2017

Mt. Pleasant Church -








Photo Taken: May 2017

Northern New Salem Association

Little Children' s Home Church -


Little Children's Home was organized in 1968.






Photo Taken: March 2016

Antioch Church -








Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Family Church -


Little Family Church organized on May 12, 1956. It was an arm of the Blair Branch Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders T.R. Collier, Charley Cornett, Coleman Hudson, and T.G. Bates. Appointed Elder Wesley Caudill, Moderator and Brother Coleman Fields, Clerk.



Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Flossie Church -








Photo Taken: April 2018

Little Melrose Church -